Is it ok to do this?

x-no-archive:yes
I have a plan for a 4 foot tall 3 foot wide or so bookshelf. I have alot of rough cut oak. ALot of it is 2.5 inches wide but I also have boards from 6 inches to 9 inches wide.
The plan calls for plywood. WOuld it be acceptable and look right to use my solid wood instead, making boards out of glued up strips as I talked about earlier or will this not look right?
As long as there aren't any wood movement traps involve (and there shouldn't be on a bookcase) real wood is always nicer than ply. Why do you ask, what issues do you see?

x-no-archive:yes
As you said worried about wood movement and the thing breaking apart.
Also, being able to tell the stuffis glued togtther and it not looking good or right.