Is it normal the safety valve leaking air slowly?

Hi All... I just got my first air compressor, oil lub with 2.5 hp and 6 gal tank.
The safety valve leaks air from 115 psi to 90 psi in about 20 minutes and down to 60 psi in about 5 hours.
Is this normal?
Thanks, Dennis.
NO.
dave
evernever wrote:

gal
NO
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.
evernever wrote:

No.
Lest their not expensive to replace. Ratings should be marked on the valve.
If it's a new compressor they should replace the valve, or compressor (depends on model and where bought) without a gripe.
Or you could try unseating and reseating the poppet.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

valve.
(depends
Thanks, Mark. I unseated and reseated the valve (a tiny piece of dirt was there) then it is not leaking now.
Cheers, Dennis.

practice
A.K.A.
suspense.

I just bought the PC 2 nailer gun combo kit with a 6 gal pancake compressor. Is that motor noisy! But the tank stays at >90 psi for hours and hours, if you don't use the gun. (Just as a test, I don't know whether it is recommended to leave the tank alone that long).
Using this is far better than a hammer to put lots of nails in!
--
Best regards
Han