Is it handmade, or do my machines disqualify that term?

Handmade or Machine Made? Many folks have questions about my toys and how I make then. A frequent que stion is, “Are these toys handmade?” It is a simple query that requires a complicated answer. Sure they are handmade, my two hands. But, always a but, I use a variety of tools.
More at
http://johnthetoymaker.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/handmade-or-machine-made/
replying to John Linck , passerby wrote:

Going to Sugarloaf and other crafts festivals over the last 10 years or so, I would say it's trending more towards "if it's not made in China, it's handmade (enough)" - the actual tools of the trade don't seem to matter much.
On Friday, November 22, 2013 10:22:22 AM UTC-6, John Linck wrote:

Hand made, hand crafted, by an individual craftsman.
I tend to distinguish between (the terms) production (factory) pieces (many assemblymen involved) and hand made/crafted (made by a single person). Ev en if you would cut, shape or form several/many of one board/part, then sev eral/many of the next board/part, etc., then assemble the parts, then, to m e, they would be hand crafted, not production pieces.
Production pieces, to me, means producing many, as fast, and as economicall y as possible. Hand crafted, to me, means taking time and care to do the b est possible job, no matter how few are created, the cost is not a serious concern, and despite however long it takes to accomplish the best job.
Hand crafted also carries with it a high level of heart and soul (of the cr aftsman) into the piece. Production pieces tend to lack a significant leve l of heart and soul.
Sonny
On 11/22/2013 2:34 PM, Sonny wrote:

AKA, cleverly being able to hide "handmade" faux pas. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net