Is it a bad sign when your dust mask and eye protection get too comfortable?

Page 2 of 2

Robatoy wrote:

lol. I can understand it. I was working in the basement on something with my dust mask on. I kept coming back up stairs to watch the game. pretty soon I was used to being upstairs with the mask on too. I can see how this can extend further and further beyond the workbench.
especially when you are going to get one quick piece.
--
Thank you,

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Just wait 'til your old enough to look down at the end of a hard day and see two different shoes.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

hmm... I haven't seen my shoes for year, unless I'm not wearing them.. *rofl* Mac

Mac

Actually, it's Lowes, and it is, indeed, a block from my house.

The point of the rearview mirror is to look behind you, not at yourself. If you can see yourself in the mirror, you're using it wrong.
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:45:22 GMT, Brian Henderson

Try telling that to my wife.:)
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:00:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

I learned not to tell anything to ANYONE'S wife a lot of years ago...
Is feminine logic an oxymoron?
Mac
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:00:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Remind me not to drive around her. ;)
"Brian Henderson" wrote

I knew this person of the female persausion who would atack rear veiw mirrors everytime she got in a car. This attack was a violent move of the mirror to position it so she could 'adjust" her makeup. She destroyed a lot of mirrors. And a lot of folks ended up hating her for it. But this wasn't a problem for her. As long as her made up face was perfect.
After I had to reattach my mirror two times, I got a big mirror to go on the visor. And an air horn. If she even started to touch my rear view mirror, i let her have it with the air horn. Soon she started to use the other mirror.
And she looked much better without all the makeup too.
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:27:55 GMT, Brian Henderson

Last year she backed into the Michelin tire guy.<g>
I teach construction at a high school out in the Australian bush and I also teach some computer subjects. Often I'll finish a class in the Computer lab on something like databases and realise for the entire lesson I was wearing my safety specs! The kids have given up making this an issue although they are still freaked by pencils behind my ears!
hahaha

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:17:40 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Brian

I'll bet you were a real sight!
Remind me to never drive in your town. If you didn't see yourself in the mirror at least once, you weren't paying NEARLY enough attention to be a safe driver.
--
It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.
--Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

I already pointed that out... apparently you and I are the only two people who see ourselves in our mirrors. :\

Nah, you're not alone. I see lots of make-up being put on while driving, with the mirror adjusted to reflect the driver rather than the traffic behind. Not convince that makes them safer drivers, though! <g>

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:33:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,

Yeah, go figure! Just be aware, dudes. Just be aware.