Is it a bad sign when your dust mask and eye protection get too comfortable?

Page 1 of 2

I was routing out the last couple dados in a project this morning when I realized I needed to grab some screws from Lowes, so off I drove. I didn't realize until I was in the checkout line that I was still wearing my dust mask and glasses. I probably looked like a woodworking terrorist. ;)
Brian Henderson wrote:

It's when you forget your pants that they get upset.
Sounds like you have a good dust mask. What do you use?

LOL!
I have an old pair of black sweats I wear in the shop that have a huge hole in the rear. I put them on when applying finishes then usually take them right off. The hole isn't normally a big deal because I usually wear boxers and never wear these sweats outside anyway. But one day I was in a hurry so put on the sweats sans boxers then promptly headed down to HD for a leisurely stroll around the store. Now it's not just my wife and doctor who know I have a pink hairy ass.

J at the shop wrote:I have an old pair of black sweats I wear in the shop that have a huge hole in the rear. I put them on when applying finishes then usually take them right off. The hole isn't normally a big deal because I usually wear boxers and never wear these sweats outside anyway. But one day I was in a hurry so put on the sweats sans boxers then promptly headed down to HD for a leisurely stroll around the store. Now it's not just my wife and doctor who know I have a pink hairy ass.
Ewwww...pink hairs? Tom

wasn't he the big guy in Star Wars? Mac

Been there - done that - have the T shirt!
Vic
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:17:40 GMT, Brian Henderson

I haven't left the dust mask on, but I take off with my safety glasses all the time... Probably because I wear glasses for distance so I'm used to feeling glasses when I drive.. *g*
I've had several comments from friends about the "designer" look... *lol* Mac
Brian Henderson wrote:

And you're allowed to drive?

You didn't once glance up into the rearview mirror?

if you can see yourself in the rearview mirror, it's not adjusted correctly.
Charles Spitzer wrote:

Depends on the car. In my Vette, it's small enough that you can see the edge of your head when the mirror is adjusted properly, depending on seat position.
Locutus wrote:

Dunno about you, but my rearview mirror shows the view out the back window, not my own reflection...
Chris

As does mine, but I can certianly see myself by raising up a little or adjusting the mirror down a little... or in the reflection of the window... in the reflection of the HD doors..
I guess he didnt feel the need to scratch his nose? rub his eye?
Unless the HD is a block from his house, I just think it sounds like BS...
Locutus wrote:

You need a mirror to find your nose? ;)

LOL, no, but in the processing of scratching my nose I think I might notice the mask covering it. :)
On 22/02/2006 2:35 PM, Locutus wrote:

Unless you're younger than 40 or so, I think *not* admitting to occasionally doing stuff like that sounds like BS.
I don't know, I too have gone out still wearing my dust mask, although not on my face but hanging around my neck. My safety glasses too, most all of the time I'll run out with them on, they are prescription so I don't usually notice. Lowes is about 5 min down the street from me and I know they notice me. I haved walked in wearing sweats and looking like a bum many times! Have you noticed that the "SELECT" wood they sell means you have to spend hours "selecting" a straight piece? Now that my shop is ready for sawdust making I need to find a mill, I can go to Woodcraft but wheeeeew those prices!
Searcher

I tried to take a sip of coffee while I was wearing mine - still have the stains on my work apron!
Vic

Naaa.. I'm buying it.
After spending a couple of days installing some countertops at The Holiday Inn, I got used to wearing my hardhat. Whenever I pulled up to the site, on it went.
I stopped by the grocery store on the way home, and promptly put on my hardhat as I left my van.
It wasn't till some shopper looked up to read my company logo that I realized I had it on my head.
No harm done. My mother says the hat makes me look smart... and I can use all the help I can get in that department.
I also tried to remove my earmuffs when the phone rang the other day...I wasn't wearing them. Got a handful of ear. A WTF moment.

BTDT. What really upsets me is when I jump into the truck with a screwdriver in my back pocket!! Dave