Is horse chestnut wood good for anything?

...and your degree is in what? Did you even finish high school?

Reply to
Lurfys Maw

That's okay. You still have an opportunity to learn something.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

As I said, lots of bombast, little science. I guess I should also have added "with a bunch of ad hominem thrown in".

Just to assuage your petty little taunt: Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. I've spent a number of years doing modeling and simulation as well as work analyzing and evaluating both models and system performance for various systems. I KNOW the difficulty, even when I have direct control of a large number of a CONTROLLED test's parameters to obtain results from very sophisticated models that accurately predict a system's performance in statistically meaningful terms. That is one reason I laugh in derision at all of these so-called experts using their models to predict catastrophic climate change resulting from predicted temperature changes at single or decimal increments of degrees based upon data that includes such silliness as using tree-ring data to assess temperature data thousands of years ago and attempting to predict the behavior of a chaotic system with so many variables and closed-loop control cycles such that model fidelity to that level of precision is ridiculous.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Kind of funny how the solution to all these crises is increased government control, significantly higher taxes, and destruction of years of technical progress.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Not funny at all. We still haven't decided here in Canada to give a majority government to our conservative side, but the left is running scared.

I feel for the US of A. The damage being done is going be deep and long lasting, but there do seem to be signs the Dems are already starting to eat themselves from within... They're going to hurt you bad in the next four years, though.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Or, as my dad says: "Those idiots can't predict YESTERDAY properly."

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Roger that. All of the left's angst over the previous administration and how "dictatorial" and "controlling" it was going to be was simply projection of what they are *really*, no-kidding trying to do to the basic foundation of the country and its market system.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

It really is. They should rename this group something like rec.ignorant.rednecks or rec.ignorant.libertarians or just rec.ignorant.

Reply to
Nucular Reaction

e quoted text -

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Possibly. But with an alias like yours, I'm sure you'd fit right in.

Reply to
Upscale

Wow. What's it like to live in a simplistic world where everything is someone else's fault and all bad things are caused by some conspiracy?

Global warming is real and most of it is caused by human activity. Just keep talking to your knuckle-dragging buddies and pass the problem to your kids and grandkids. If you don't have kids, thank you.

Reply to
Top Spin

There's one that's bought into the Propaganda hook, line & sinker. Enjoy making AlGore richer.

-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

If you change that to "climate change is real" I'd be forced to agree with you.

Reply to
clare

"Climate change" has been happening for billions of years.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I find it consistently amusing that the left, when challenged to present facts supporting their point of view, inevitably resorts to name calling instead.

Where, exactly, is the peer-reviewed science that supports your thesis that human beings are causing global warming?

Citations, please.

Secondary question: Do you support the US Democratic Party throwing hundreds of billions of invented dollars at their friends in the financial industries? If the answer is "yes", then please outline how you are going to explain the created debt to your children and grandchildren.

And "We had to do it" does't count. Pleae explain why the sophisticated and effective bankruptcy procedures are inadequate to deal with the current situation, and don't ignore the hundreds of thousand of dollars flowing directly back into political donations from the bailout money.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I agree. Bush was the worst president ever. Just not being Bush is a huge improvement.

Reply to
Top Spin

We could have elected Bernie Madoff and still been 1,000 times better off than the damage done by Bush and Cheney. It's hilarious watching conservatives defending Bush. Dittoheads.

Reply to
Top Spin

Hilarious. Here's living proof that there are two things that everyone has: an opinion and an asshole. And they both stink. Your opinion certainly qualifies.

Reply to
Three Lefts

Well, considering that respected scientists are demolishing the arguments for AGW weekly, abuse is all they have to fall back on.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hint: personally abusing your opponent in a debate makes it obvious to all observers that you are unable to win the debate on the merits of your arguments.

Reply to
Doug Miller