Is horse chestnut wood good for anything?

Page 2 of 6
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:01:20 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

And *your* plan is.....?

snipped-for-privacy@e.mcc wrote:

Why does he need a plan to solve a non-existant, fabricated "problem"?

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:35:31 -0700, Mark & Juanita

You think global warming is a "non-existant, fabricated problem"?

The earth is not warming, and hasn't been for years. The data is suspect. The "scientists" promoting AGW have been caught in data forgery and lies.
The geological record shows that CO2 increase as a RESULT of warming.
And the lack of the start of the expected sunspot cycle strongly suggests we may entering another "little ice age" where the earth cools for 50 - 75 years, as it did about 400 years ago. See "Maunder Minimum",
And don't get me started ont he Vladivostok Staion Antarctic ice core data, or the bogus data from weather monitoring stations sitting under air conditioning exhaust fans or between runways in Reno, or...
My conclusion: global warming is a non-existant, fabricated problem designed to hurt what we call "western democracies" in favor of China, India and other "developing nations".
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:09:22 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Let me see if I got this right. There is a giant cabal of (mostly Western) scientists that have cooked up this global warming conspiracy to help China and India?
Whoa, skippy. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the Flat Earth Society, would you?
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:24:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@e.mcc wrote:

Global warming comes from 2 sources. Burning horsechestnut wood, and arguing off-topic. Change the subject if you want to keep on blabbering off topic.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

And here I thought global warming was the result of all the hot air generated by Al Gore.

Nope. I just know how to do basic investigation of what's being reported by real scientists.
snipped-for-privacy@e.mcc writes:

It is certainly not a _giant cabal_. In reality, the IPCC report was written by a small handful of scientists; and any disagreement with each of the chapter editors was met with silence or derision.
When a soi disant scientist recommends prison for anyone who disagrees with him, he stops being a scientist (James Hanson).
While there is no doubt that the climate has changed since the beginning of the last interglacial, and sea level has risen over one hundred meters in the last 10,000 years, one should not expect either to become static in the 20th (or 21st) centuries.
The statistical manipulations used to attempt to tease out a global average temperature 200 years ago (much less 1000 years ago) have been pretty roundly criticized by real statisticians (see Wegner, et. al., M&M 2007 and the NAS panel report).
The idea the a precipitation proxy (tree ring widths in thousand year old strip-bark trees in the Sierra Nevada) is also a viable temperature proxy (with tenth of a degree C accuracy) is ludicrous; yet much of Dr. Mann's dendrochronological research (and spurious results such as the so-called hockey stick) based on such proxies has been shown to be flawed statistically and methodologically.
Science, in any discipline, is never "settled".
scott
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:09:22 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Stunning ignorance -- truly stunning.

That's okay. You still have an opportunity to learn something.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Kind of funny how the solution to all these crises is increased government control, significantly higher taxes, and destruction of years of technical progress.

Not funny at all. We still haven't decided here in Canada to give a majority government to our conservative side, but the left is running scared.
I feel for the US of A. The damage being done is going be deep and long lasting, but there do seem to be signs the Dems are already starting to eat themselves from within... They're going to hurt you bad in the next four years, though.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Roger that. All of the left's angst over the previous administration and how "dictatorial" and "controlling" it was going to be was simply projection of what they are *really*, no-kidding trying to do to the basic foundation of the country and its market system.

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:46:01 -0600, Dave Balderstone

We could have elected Bernie Madoff and still been 1,000 times better off than the damage done by Bush and Cheney. It's hilarious watching conservatives defending Bush. Dittoheads.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:24:22 -0700, Lurfys Maw

It really is. They should rename this group something like rec.ignorant.rednecks or rec.ignorant.libertarians or just rec.ignorant.

Possibly. But with an alias like yours, I'm sure you'd fit right in.
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:09:22 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Wow. What's it like to live in a simplistic world where everything is someone else's fault and all bad things are caused by some conspiracy?
Global warming is real and most of it is caused by human activity. Just keep talking to your knuckle-dragging buddies and pass the problem to your kids and grandkids. If you don't have kids, thank you.

There's one that's bought into the Propaganda hook, line & sinker. Enjoy making AlGore richer.
-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

If you change that to "climate change is real" I'd be forced to agree with you.