Is Grizzly 18" band saw good model G1012

I am looking at a grizzly G1012 bandsaw this is 18" cut, it looks like a bigger version of the 14" delta I have. Any info would be great.

Reply to
Wayne

G1012? Never heard of it, and no G1012 is found on the Grizzly website. However, in all my research I have concluded that the biggest bang for the buck in 18" bandsaws is the Woodtek.

It is what I plan to get to replace my piece of junk, when money permits. Take a look.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

I am sorry a I should have said this is a used saw from a few years ago. Grizzly does have a PDF doc of it.

Reply to
Wayne

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I saw one on the Grizzly Springfield floor and it looked ok. My personal experiece is with the JET 18 and I am pretty happy. Once you learn how to adjust the lower blade guides it is a great saw.

Reply to
RonB

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:33:19 -0400, "Wayne" calmly ranted:

I've owned one for about a year and a half now. Great saw, but I haven't tried any resawing with it yet. It's quiet, powerful and is much smoother with a pair of linkbelts on it.

Did you have specific questions?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have one also.Got it at a yard sale for 200 bucks.I have no real complaints for the money i spent. The 124 inch blade is tough to find in quality.I use it for resawing only which it does ok.I did replace the cheesy fence though.Changing belts is no fun either.If you can get it for under 300 and is in good shape you would do ok.

Reply to
Big John

I looked at the band saw today, I currently have an older delta 14". This Grizzly didn't seem to be made all that great. Not junk but I was disappointed in the quality. the seller wants $400 so I passed for now.

Reply to
Wayne

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:21:14 -0400, "Wayne" calmly ranted:

They're $695 new, so that's about 60% of the new cost, a bit high IMHO. BUT, it's a beefy, well-built saw with a 2hp motor. You must have been looking at some old Crescents before the Griz. ;)

NoteSHADES(tm) glare guards

Reply to
Larry Jaques