Is Chainsaw carving woodworking?

I have a friend who does chainsaw carving and was curios if it was woodworking or carving or art
snipped-for-privacy@wellmarktest.com
On 19 Feb 2004 11:52:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@wellmarktest.com (Chris) wrote:

Woodbutchering.
Chris wrote:

If he's good it's an art.
The guy who dug down to the gas pipeline in our front yard with a bobcat and backhoe was very skilled. The machine was an extension of his fingers, his thought. I've never seen anyone better at compensating for all the bumping and lurching of that small, powerful vehicle. I told him he should consider himself a sculptor in alternate media -- dirt. ;-)
-- Mark
If not, its firewood.
Preston

and
his
bumping
consider
LOL. Mark that is great. Being a civil engineer, I have also seen my share of 'material' artist. Believe me, they are far more skiiled than I.
Jerry
Mark Jerde wrote:

They can probably spell better (i.e. skiiled') also. AGGGGGH
JAW
JAW wrote:

Probably one of them... if he's any good.
;-)
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

yup
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.
The legs aren't too bad either!

JPeGs, please, on ABPW.
not
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.
The legs aren't too bad either!

Well ya never know if'n ya don't ask. :p
On 19 Feb 2004 11:52:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@wellmarktest.com (Chris) wrote:

yes...
snipped-for-privacy@wellmarktest.com (Chris) wrote in message
All three- Of course woodowrking requires 'some' art-- carving a little more-- I'm sure there's some out there that think that there is some totaly artless woodworking out there. I would have to agree with that point. All of us have to express ourselves in our own way. Some folks just take a little more care in how they do it. Even the less talented among us have a right to be proud of something. I'll never forget the time (Think I was 9 or so) when I made a little corner shelf of Texas - backwards- with the panhandle on the right side. My mother didn't have the heart to tell me. My tactless brother made a point of telling me & I took the thing apart & made it right. To get back to the point-- It involves wood -- hence woodwork--- It involves carving so... carving. It takes some talent & skill and carving is an artform so... Yes, Chainsaw carving is all three.
Boy I 'probly' got suckered good here, but I've had a good time- So I have a question. If the sucker has a good time is he/she a sucker or suckee?
If there's a better-than-even chance you'll need a bandaid, it's woodworking!
snipped-for-privacy@wellmarktest.com (Chris) wrote in message
Fri, Feb 20, 2004, 3:31pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@wellmarktest.com (Chris) says: His work is very good, <snip>
I consider a chainsaw a precision cutting instrument, much more precise than a jigsaw. Scroll down a bit to see one of 3 Tikis I chainsawed. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETHINGSIVEMADE/ Everyone ought to chainsaw at least one item.
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
Yes.