IRISH TUAM

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/chair1tuam.pdf
I suppose as opposed to an English, or Scottish Tuam.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:39:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Tuam is a location in Ireland. Now a town, originally better known as the archdiocese. The idea of a "Scottish Tuam" is as nonsensical as a Windsor chair made outside Berkshire 8-)
I'm not familiar with this pattern of chair being described as a "Tuam chair". As it happens, Tuam does have a famous chair but it's a stone throne allegedly the coronation chair of the O'Connor kings.
Looks damned uncomfortable!
FoggyTown
Mon, Dec 19, 2005, 3:14am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (foggytown) doth obsereth: Looks damned uncomfortable!
Who cares? You make one, and give it to the cousin you don't like, or your mother-in-law - they'll think you're great, and never get rid of it, no matter how uncomfortable it is. No prob.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax