IPE Source in ABQ. NM??

Normally I find things on my own via the telephone book. Unfortunately, nobody seems to carry Ipe in this city! Anyone out there know of a source nearby? Woodfinder.com had the nearest place in AZ I believe. If I can't find it, I guess I'll have to go with mahogany for my outdoor furniture. Thanks much, cc
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

Capital Lumber, a large wholesaler that stocks ipe, has a distribution center in Albuquerque (hint--for deck materials, try the California Redwood Association locator <http://www.calredwood.org/ref/locate/locate.htm --many yards that stock redwood also stock ipe and other decking materials as well). If they won't deal with you directly any retail lumberyard should be able to order from them.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:22:31 -0600, Nicky wrote

Yep, I had the same problem looking for Ipe for a garden bench redo. Neither of the usual Abq. suspects had any hope so I went with a 20bf bundle from woodworkerssource. It was "on sale" and the wood was fantastic. The UPS guy was a bit upset at the weight however...
-Bruce