Invitation to a Open Shop

Hello everyone,
We will be hosting an open house on Saturday April 5th, from 1 - 5pm to celebrate the completion of my new shop in Seattle.
http://furnituremaker.com/Woodworking.htm
All are welcome - please RSVP for the address if you plan on attending.
Darrell Peart www.furnituremaker.com Custom Furniture in the style of Greene and Greene

Boy, if there's a shop and work that I'd go to Seattle to see, Darrell, it'd be yours.
Unfortunately, I'm 2,625 miles away in Tn.
Good luck with the open house.
jc

Hi Joe - stop by if you ever get to Seattle

Congrats on the new shop. I would love to see it and some of your work (very inspirational stuff), but you're too darn far away from NC.
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

Darrell Peart wrote:

As others, I'd love to come, but the trip from FL is a long one.
Funny though, I was just going through your Greene & Greene design elements book and Jim Tolpin's Toolbox Book. Now I'm sketching out a standing tool cabinet based on the Thorsen sideboard design details, with modular construction like the Reinhold Faeth tool chests.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Oh, and I couldn't help but notice in the 3d view of your new shop that there's a deep dark hole in the center. Careful not to step into that thing!

Very nice! I would really like to see your shop, but the commute from West Virginia is a killer! Regards Dave G.

Thanks Dave - If you ever make it out this way - stop in ......Darrell
Darrell Peart wrote:

Cool invitation. Best of luck to you. However, one request regarding your website, the video you have must be very windows-centric, all I get to see is a quick flash of the dust collector if I use Mplayer, and nothing if xine is the player. Maybe a flash, real-player, or quick-time movie would be more broadly viewable.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Scratch that, it is in Quick-time, the Konquerer viewer wasn't using Quick-time. Looks very cool in FireFox.

I've surfed your entire site and I am thoroughly impressed. I've added your website to my bookmarks for future inspiration.
When I make the journey from central Canada to your neck of the woods I'll certainly contact you for an invitation to visit.
Cheers.
Michael

Hi Michael - If you ever find yourself in Seattle - stop in for a visit......Darrell
Is there any easy bus from Downtown Seattle out to your shop? I am in town the next week and I think I have a bit of free time Monday morning April 14. I might be able to stick my head in the door if it is not too disruptive.

On Mar 2, 6:31pm, Jim Behning

Hi Jim, Here is the link to the metro trip planner - I gave it a starting point in Pioneer Square ( actually my old shop address) http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin.pl We will be in the production mode but we'll be gald to show you around the shop. Send me an email a day or two before to remind me so I won't be out running errands. See you then - Darrell
Darrell,
Thanks for the invite. Its a long comute from South Carolina...but...I might be coming out that way in a year or two, when the LOML retires...I was born at Ft. Lewis and would like to come back for a visit.
Nice shop!
Skip www.ShopFileR.com

Hi Skip - Fort Lewis was a familiar place to me back in the 70's when I was in the National Guard. Stop by if you make it out this way. ....Darrell