Invisible paint

I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex paint . The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have tried additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like I am spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind of a job I did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from an angle . Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

Reply to
rich

Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 5:49am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca (rich) burbeleth: Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

Mix in some purple. You're welcome.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Can't you put a light at an angle to your work and see the shine of the wet paint on the wall?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Mix in a tiny amount of tide or woolite. Buy a blacklight. Marijuana is optional.

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

The missus reckons I should spray my shed with that stuff, (Invisible Paint). She has no taste and says it's an eyesore. :) John

My only objection is that I wouldn't be able to find the door ;)

Reply to
John B

Reply to
JGS

Damn it you old fart - give a warning when you're going to do this, will ya? That's more coffee I've got to clean off the screen. Yer gonna get a bill for this - BY EMAIL!

Reply to
Mike Marlow

You should be able to see the wet line going on if you're spraying it right Rich. Stand so that you can watch your fan and see it as it goes on - usually a bit from the leading side. Spray for an even wet pattern and don't worry about coverage. If you stand back after you're done and discover you need another coat - do it all again.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

He got me too.... green tea this time. Green tea. Hand picked by 18-year old oriental virgins...on a warm sunny day... dressed in sheer silk....

*slap*
Reply to
Robatoy

Gooden.... How about mixing in some pokadots to make it interesting.

Reply to
Leon

The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have tried additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like I am spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind of a job I did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from an angle .

must mean that you're doing a great job on the 1st coat and have really white walls.. no worries..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

After living in our new home for 6 years my wife decided that we should paint the interior of the house AND ceilings. We have heavily textured 10" high ceilings. My wife literally had to shine a spot light on the cieling surface so that I could get a wet paint reflection so that I could see what had been painted and what remained to be painted.

If you cannot see the difference I would say that you are finished painting.

Reply to
Leon

Reminds me of a story from high school. Science teacher sent not-too-bright troublemaker on an errand to the shop to pick up a can of striped paint. Shop teacher (and every subsequent teacher) immediately realized the joke and had troublemaker running all over the school from teacher to teacher for the entire science period.

Lmao!

Reply to
noonenparticular

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:44:40 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Robatoy quickly quoth:

Time to send this one in for Regrooving.

----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There is a story about this from the Army -- One morning, the Sargent sends a recruit to go get a bucket of striped paint. Recruit goes off to the QM, who (oddly enough!) doesn't have any. Next stop, the motor pool, where he explains his problem to the Master Sargent, and asks to check out a jeep, to go into town to find some. The MSgt goes along with the gag, and signs him out a jeep.

The recruit is gone _all_day_, gets back *just* before curfew. The motor pool sargent is still on duty -- for reasons unexplained. Unlikely as it may seem, he took pity on the recruit, and gently explained that there was no such thing as striped paint. "I know _that_, Sarge", the recruit replied, but looking for it got me out of the duty work detail, _and_ I got to spend the day in town, with a jeep!"

I've good reason to believe this is a _true_ story -- I heard it, first hand, from one of the involved parties. The recruit in question is a relative, Where: Fort Hood, TX. When, 1960s.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

_SOMEBODY_ (unfortunately, right now I can't think _who_) makes an add-in for paint that is *exactly* that. Comes as a powdew to be mixed into the paint. Purple when it's wet, goex clear as it dries.

Dunno what happens if you go to wash the painted surface at a later date. :)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

The troublemaker was not so dumb after all. He got out of science class without a detention for skipping. Well, on the other hand he didn't get the education he should have, so perhaps not so bright either.

Reply to
Guess who

The Robert Bonomi entity posted thusly:

It then shows you where you've already washed. :-)

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 8:44am snipped-for-privacy@BULLtopworks.ca (Robatoy) who doth sayeth: He got me too.... green tea this time. Green tea. Hand picked by 18-year old oriental virgins...on a warm sunny day... dressed in sheer silk...

Hey, I actually saw that field when I was in the Orient. I know, because it had your name on it. You've got a typo or two there tho. Where you say 18, it should say 58. And, yes I don't doubt they are virgins - anyone that ugly just about "has" to be a virgin. And, where you say sheer silk, it should say stained silk. However, I "will" attest to the care they give those tea plants. They even fertilize the plants on a regular basis. Enjoy your tea.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

I've only seen this used for flat ceiling paint, already pre-mixed in it. It only comes in one color (white), though the 'wet color' can vary, pink, purple, blue. Not sure if there's some limitation for not being able to use it with glossy paint.

I've used it in a few rooms. Getting it wet doesn't seem to turn it pink (ours was pink) again, but we found that when painting the closet walls after doing the ceiling, concentrated paint fumes seems to make it turn vaguely pink again (the ammonia, maybe). This didn't happen until after we'd painted it, gone away for awhile, and gone back in to check how things looked.

Reply to
Fenrir Enterprises