intumescent strip

I have to install an intumescent strip around my fire doors. My question is, Do you install the strip on all four sides of the door or just three?

Regards, John

Reply to
John C

The only ones that I've installed had an adhesive strip and were applied to the jamb. Three sides only.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

As far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you like. However, if you're doing this because a fire marshall is making you, you might want to check with them and get an answer that will ensure you don't have to do it again.

Clint

Reply to
Clint