Interior wood window finish

I agreed to finish the interior side of a number of wood, (probably fir), unfinished, single pane, windows in her house. The exterior is aluminum clad. She wants a celar finish, like 'poly'.
Anyone have suggestions on finish types, sealer, number of coats, etc., to make this as painless as possible for me and last a goodly long time?
Thanks,
Pat
Patrick Piper wrote:

Would she go for oil? Duck soup to apply/re-apply. If not, something with a UV inhibitor.
-- dadiOH ____________________________

Do you mean something like a wiping varnish? Possibly one or two step process.
Pat
Patrick Piper wrote:

No, I was talking about oil...linseed, tung, whatever. It would have to be reapplied from time to time but so would varnish. Unlike varnish, it doesn't peel or flake and no sanding is necessary. Not nice and shiny though...

If that's an option, consider Waterlox Original. www.waterlox.com Dead easy, and tough, too.
Patriarch

I like this idea. I was concerned about varnish or poly flaking and looking terrible after a time. I've used Waterlox before, but didn't think about using it on these windows.
Thank you both for your ideas.
Pat