interior shutters

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some reliable, half decent looking plans for some wooden interior shutters. Anyone built any or have a good site/link to point me to.

The things we do to keep our wives content.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
A Dubya

Dubya my man, you are in luck. The issue of Woodsmith that I received just yesterday has a very nice article covering everything you've ever want to know about it.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

I know that Woodsmith and or Shop Notes show how to make shutter or louvered doors in an earlier issue although I cannot find it. WoodSmith #115 page 4 shows how to make them quick. Lowell, are you referring to issue 151?

Reply to
Leon

Yes, that is the issue. I haven't dissected the article yet, but it looks reasonable to me. I think I would purchase one blind in order to have a model in front of me for an example.

The quality of what you could produce in your own shop should be far superior to the massed produced blinds.

You could make them out of cherry, walnut, mahogany, maple, sapele. . . . . No more ugly poorly stained white pine :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Thanks, I have not received my 151 yet. Did you see the shortcut to making fixed louvers in issue 115 page 4? That seems to be a really quick way to make them also.

Reply to
Leon

You might try these guys:

Guppas!

I'll check and see if I have that one. I'm not sure that I've been a subscriber for 4 years.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes