Interior Doors

I got an idea the other night to replace the ugly lauan ply doors in my house with 4-panel doors made from interesting wood combinations; e.g., wenge/apple or pear, walnut/maple, mahogany/quartered spruce (to match my guitars). Would the weight of these solid woods create problems and if so, what would be good ways to solve them? Are there other issues with this that I should consider?
Thanks. -- Bob
just make sure the hinges are pretty solid and the screws go into solid wood. you may have to use 3 instead of 2.

Dunno...maybe the different woods will pick up moisture and consequently move at different rates? Something to consider, anyway.
-Phil Crow
Phil Crow responds:

Frame and panel construction. Use one wood for the frame, other woods for the panels. Wood weight is not a problem: use bigger hinges, more of them.
Dunno offhand the weight of wenge, but apple and pear are heavy; walnut, maple and mahogany aren't as heavy as the oak doors I've got on 2 heavy duty hinges in my house.
Spruce don't weight squat, compared to hardwoods.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
Thanks, guys. Charlie, that was just what I needed to know. I plan to finish the doors all over with Waterlox to minimize humidity effects. Now once I get this router table built I can get started...
I wonder how it would look to inlay an abalone or herringbone rosette around the doorknobs or in the center of the middle rail?
-- Bob
Bob N asks:

Ostentatious? Actually, it should be pretty impressive. And you can console your thought with the idea that the next owner of the house will probably paint the doors.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
Thanks, Charlie. Then I was thinking, that the "soundhole" inlays might also go well in the centers of the spruce panels... It'll be fun to experiment with it all, since there are 6 eligible doors in the house.
The next owner of this house will be my kids, because I never want to sell this place.
-- Bob