Interesting observation - Jorgensen clamps

I finally got around to unboxing my Woodcraft super sale CM clamps today. I've also been monitoring the threads on the clamps locking up. Well, guess how the clamps are shipped? Yup - with the jaws together. However, the screw was not turned all the way to the left or the right - it was sort of midway. A slight turn to the left to take the tension off, lift up on the screw and it slides right back. Perhaps the solution to the locking clamp problem is to not store the clamps with the screw all the way in or out.

BTW, I did tinker with one clamp, was able to lock it shut, but was also also to easily open it with a screwdriver as posted elsewhere in this NG.

I also glued up some raised panel doors today using both CM and K-Besseys. They both do their job well. Can't say one struck me better than the other.

Bob

Reply to
bob

Bob, IIRC my CM clamp screw was in the middle and or neutral position like you described when it got stuck and required the screw driver to open it up. The difference though was that the sliding end fell all 48" and slamed into the fixed end. They have to slam shut to cause the problem. Probably not a good idea to treat any clamp like that but my father was admiring the clamp and he is no woodworker.. ;~)

Reply to
Leon