Interesting dovetail jig

On the cover of the December 2006 woodworker's journal, there is a picture of a PC 890 router atop an interesting dovetail jig. The adjustable fingers on the jig are straight from a Leigh D4R. It even has the square drive screws. But the leigh cam clamps aren't there, it's the old style knobs from before the D4. There's also a partly obscured label on the top hold down clamp which looks like it could be the brand or manufacturer. It has the letters "OM" and most of the word Joinery. There are also some depth stop setting devices on the template that aren't on my D4. The magazine makes no mention of this jig anywhere.
Any ideas what this is?
brian
snipped-for-privacy@woodworkersjournal.com For questions about our products.

brianlanning wrote:

As I remember it was described as the new Porter Cable Omnijig which will come in two sizes. Unfortunately, the Woodworker's Journal was enclosed in a plastic bag so you couldn't read the message from the editor describing that it would be reviewed sometime next year. Kind of miffed me as I bought the mag. thinking a review was inside. Never buy a magazine you can't check out the table of contents in. Also miffs that the same router tips are constantly rehashed by all of the woodworking magazines. This issue once again gives us really spiffy plans for a jig for cutting custom width dadoes using two edge guides. Only the 999th time this year they have run this suggestion. However, Woodworker's Journal often has some worthwhile plans-ideas inside. Won't ever buy it when it's inside a bag however.

Jeeezusss! ... the kindler, gentler world died sometime back in the early 70's, dude! These days you're supposed to rip the plastic off and leave it on the floor for someone to trip over, while you read the magazine, spill some coffee on it, and some sticky finger chocolate, before you leave it for someone else to put back in the (wrong) rack.
On that same note, just in the last couple of weeks I've noticed many more books that are "shrink-wrapped" on the shelves at B&N. Never saw it that much in this part of the world (Houston, TX) until just recently.
... but most customers seem to ignore them anyway, like they do red lights.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/16/06
Swingman wrote:

Was thinking of a subscription to WJ but won't now. Their loss. Somewhat OT... In the pictures of you table saw out feed bench I notice what looks like MDF for a top. I have just completed some heavy legs for a new workbench and want to use some combination of plywood/MDF for a self supporting top 60 inches long x 30 inches wide spanning the legs which are 42 inches apart. Was thinking two layers of 3/4" BC glued up with a 3/4" MDF top glued on with 1/4 hardboard. What are you using on your bench top?

Solid core door ... If you edged the top with hardwood your plan would likely work well.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/16/06