Insulation question

I finally finished putting up the last batts of insulation down the middle of the shop ceiling this afternoon (yea!). However, the last pack of insulation I bought from the orange Borg was labeled "metal frame" in addition to the usual R-13, 3 1/2", 96" markings. What is the significance of that particular marking? The batts and tabs don't seem to be noticeably different from the batts I had previousl purchased.
Any insight into this would be appreciated.
This could be for use the new type metal studs used for framing. The only reason I say this is that I just happened to help put up a metal stud framed interior wall for an interior conference room. Close by is a dance studio, so we thought we would insulate for a bit of soundproofing. I noticed that the fibreglass batts didn't fit in as snug as I normally find them to do with 2X4 wood studs. By the way, those metal studs are a pain to work with IMHO.
Cheers,
Paul in MN

Correct. Except for the fact that the metal stud systems aren't very new.
Metal studs a shaped like the letter "C". An insulation batt will fit into the open end of the stud. So if the studs are 16"o.c., then for metal studs the batts need to be 16" wide. For a wood stud wall, the batts only need to be 14.5" wide, because the thickness of the stud fills up the other 1.5".

Not if you know what you are doing. For an experienced carpenter/installer, they're easier to frame with than wood.
David
remove the key to email me.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comkey says...

Thanks for the insight. I'll have to doublecheck whether they were 24" or 22.5". They installed in the trusses with no problem, so I'm not worried either way, it's just good information to file away for the future.