Insulating Sash Pockets

I picked up a job replacing sash cords yesterday and the homeowner said he was watching a home improvement show that illustrated a method for insulating sash pockets. I can't imagine how that could be done while allowing for the weights to go up and down. Just curious if anyone here saw the same show.
BUB 209 said:

I saw it a while back. I think it involved building a foam-board box to contain the weights and cord, and using spray foam to fill the cracks. A better place for this question would be alt.home.repair.
FWIW,
Greg G.
Thanks. I posted there too. Sounds like an all-day job to me.
It's really alot of work for very little gain in efficiency.
I've found that simple spring bronze weatherstripping and a decent storm window is the best way to tighten up an old window. A good seal at the meeting rail is also very important. Anything past that is really just alot of labor for very little gain.
Jim

It's alot of work for very little return.
I've found that spring bronze weatherstripping and a decent storm window will give you the best improvement. A tight seal at the meeting rail is also important. The bronze is simple to install and really cuts down on the drafts.
http://www.oldhousejournal.com/notebook/npsbriefs/brief09.shtml
The link is to a really good article on doing old windows.
Jim