Instead of a right angle drive, how about a light duty T-drive?

Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is something like these.

Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right angle drill attachment)

General Tools 924

Metabo 631078000

Vermont American 17171 or 17172

Milescraft 1390

It has to be similar in strength/durability/ruggedness to those, but instead of having only one right angle shaft, the driven shafts would stick out in both directions, like a T. When doing some research, I have seen a few that looked bulky and heavy, stuff that would be bolted onto a powerful motor on a workbench. Anything lighter?

Thanks for any keywords or links.

Reply to
John Doe

Limp Arbor

Most people use a portable right angle drill drive to get into tight areas. Having a T defeats that. Perhaps if you told us what you were really trying to do it might get you better suggestions. A shaft ending with a 45 deg gear driving a second shaft that goes both ways with a 45 deg gear on it is not unheard of. Some simple self propelled equipment often has something like that.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Don't know how much torque he needs, but I've found this little guy *very* useful.

Upscale

That looks handy but he's after something like a traditional car rear axle only smaller. I'm not sure his purpose is drilling at all.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

could bolt two of these to a baseplate and use a timing belt to drive one from the other, yes?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Quick Google search turned up:

's all in the fingers. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Maybe he's trying to build powered roller skates.

There's a cordless out there that has swivel head on it that will run at any angle between straight inline and 90 degrees. Don't remember the brand, but seemed kind of bulky compared with the pneumatic. Usually, if you need a right-angle drill, the space you'll have is just a fraction less than the drill head.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Yes, some of Dufas reference looks very close.

I really like that, but (assuming it is strong enough) now I need to figure out how to rigidly connect the keyway shaft to a skate or a larger scooter wheel (same inner diameter). Some spacer has to slip onto the keyway shaft and fit into the scooter wheel (without bearings). If only I were craftsman...

FWIW.

Fascinating IMO, but probably not until motor and battery weight decreases with high technology. Making in-line skates cumbersome nukes their function. The gasoline engine stuff is garbage IMO.

Similar is a push stick for in-line skating. The closest thing is probably a bicycle pusher as seen on YouTube (mostly gasoline). A lithium-ion electric Trikke "Pon-e" is almost made-to-order (for

1600 bucks), simply by removing the front fork with the front hub motor attached.

There is a drill attachment like that sold by McMaster, maybe the same as Milescraft 1300 Orbiter sold elsewhere.

Reply to
John Doe