Installing small balustrade. Please help:

I am installing balustrade for the second floor that my wife had designed. The balustrade is L shaped and made up of wrought iron newels. It is 6' long and 3' wide. I already cut the pieces and put them in place to size it up ( I didn't glue anything yet ). See pictures below:
http://bismarck.sdf1.org/balustrade_1.jpg
http://bismarck.sdf1.org/balustrade_2.jpg
At this point I realized that my balustrade doesn't include the starting or ending posts and I am afraid that system will end up shaky. My wife likes the lighter look of the balustrade the way it is.
Do you think the balustrade will hold up after applying the epoxy? Should I replace one last newel with the starting post? Should I have posts on both sides?
Thank you!!

Oleg
I would anchor down a newel post on top and tie the railing into the wall at the back. Too much leverage for the setup you currently have.
Tom Plamann
oleg wrote:

I agree with your wife, the look is beautiful! As to how it will hold up, that depends on how well the newels are attached to the floor. The posts themselves will not fail. Fred
If you like the "light" look and don't want to add a newel post (will one fit around that floor vent?) why not have your metal worker fabricate an arch? It would replace the last baluster and tie up over and into the wall opposite? Might make an attractive feature to the overall look. Make sure you allow more than enough room for any furniture that has to come and go up the stairs.
Be sure to post more pix for us to admire when all is done ;-}
oleg wrote:

The consensus I received pointed that balustrade would not hold and after modifying the design and putting it all together, I realize that it could not be any truer!! The newels themselves are solid iron and very strong, but they are thin and sub flooring just doesn't have enough leverage to hold it. The fact that the sub flooring is a few times older then I am doesn't help
http://bismarck.sdf1.org/balustrade_3.jpg
http://bismarck.sdf1.org/balustrade_4.jpg
In the end I made three changes: 1) I took end newel and placed it in the corner and screwed it to my floor "extension". See picture 4.
2) Installed end post and reinforced from beneath with the solid block of wood attached to the joists ( using register )
3) Attached the end of the rail to the wall.
Construction is solid
Thank you guys! Oleg
Also,
What is the best way to finish the handrail? I want to maintain natural red oak color.