Installing no-mortise hinges

I just finished struggling to install a small 17" x 17" door using no-mortise hinges. I applied the hinges to the door and then came the fun when I tried to line them up to mark for holes in the frame. I finally had to have my wife come mark the holes with a punch while I held the door in place but I'm betting there is a lot better way to do this. Can anyone share some better methodology with me?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Two side tape on the cabinet portion of the hinge. Position the door drop it in place. Press to temporarily stick the hinge to the cabinet. If satisfied, gently open the door, mark for screws. If your not satisfied pull it off and try again.

That's exactly what I'm going to be doing tonight.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust

If you are working on a cabinet, set it on a level surface in the shop (plywood), then shim up to the correct height with scrap 2x4's or whatever. Open the door (still supported) & mark for screws.

Lou

Reply to
loutent