Installing bandsaw tires

I have received a new set of bandsaw tires from Rockler and I need to install them. I have never replaced them before. Does anyone have any tips on doing this that might lower my cussing quotient?
I have images of using the plastic tire "irons" that I use to mount bicycle tires.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Here's what I did. I don't know if this is the "right" way, or even a "good" way, but it got the job done for me.
I've got a couple of one-handed reversable clamps (http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID16762 ). I turned them around into spreader mode, and used them at right angles to each other to stretch the tire out large enough to just barely fit over the wheel. I slipped the tire on, released the clamps, and was done.
I couldn't see any other way that didn't involve, as you say, using up my cussing quota.
This is for a 20" bandsaw but might give you a couple ideas: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldwwmachines/files/intalling%20bandsaw%20tires / Soaking the bands in very hot water helps a bit.

I just installed these same tires on my 14" bandsaw. What worked for me was to set a large open cardboard box on it's side. I put a wheel and a tire in the box and placed a small electric heater in front of it. When the wheel was warm to the touch, I put it on my workbench. My son, who is bigger than I am, started the tire on the rim while I stretched and pushed it in place. As I made progress, he moved his grip to keep it from popping out. It takes strong fingers, but it worked for us. I tried metal bicycle tire irons and clamps and didn't have any luck.
By the way, the new tires made a world of difference in my old saw. I forgot how smooth it could run.
Don
Suffolk instructions with their blades said to soak in 150 water for 15 minutes then stretch onto the wheels. Worked slick.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:37:02 -0600, Don Wheeler

Bob, I finally got the time this evening to use the Suffolk method. Worked better than I had ever imagined. Thanks for the tip. Dick Durbin