Install Weatherstripping Behind Stop-Molding

I would like to install some weatherstripping for a door, and my first thought was to cut a groove to accept the piece. However, that doesn't sound too easy.
I would be curious as to comments relating to the method shown in figure "G" of the following website. I was thinking I could take a utility knife and cut a small "V" in the back of the molding to accept the tooth of the weatherstripping.
Any comments would be appreciated.
http://www.diynet.com/diy/hi_outdoor_equipment/article/0,2037,DIY_13926_2268599,00.html
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:26:36 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

figure G is improper use of that weatherstrip.
the fin is meant to fit in a 1/16" slot that is about 1/8" away from the jamb. the surface that seals against the door extends below the fin and needs space to move. used as shown it will bind on the jamb and soon stop making a good seal.

That's how I've always seen it done, too. The method shown got my attention cuz I wouldn't need to cut the slot and it seemed easy. Do you know of an easy and cheap way to cut the 1/16" slot? I was thinking about the kerf of a table saw blade, but the kerf might be too wide.
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:37:06 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

unless you can get a super thin kerf blade...
I have a wing cutter set up on a customized stub arbor for the router. I had to turn down the end of the shaft and the nut quite a bit to get it close emough. if you want I'll post a picture.
somewhere I saw a factory router bit for the task. it's available, but I don't know offhand who makes it.