Install bandsaw tire

This video popped up as an ad while I was on a news web site. Thought it might be useful for folks... might not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t
2&v=GcJAQ9Y5YGY
On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:04:36 -0400

the tires on my bandsaw can be replaced while still on the saw they just aren't as stout as those tires
those look like the 80000 mile tire
On 8/3/2015 4:01 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

And the rubber on the HD series Laguna are long strips of rubber, not a circular piece.
On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:52:41 -0500

how do they attach then
On 8/3/2015 8:07 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Glue. When I inquired about replacement they indicated that the rubber tires last a very long time and it would probably be best to sent the wheels to Laguna or a local shop that services BS wheels.
On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 09:26:27 -0500

i would think if the saw is true and adjusted properly it would last a long time
but probably a video somewhere showing how to do it
On 8/4/15 10:49 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

There are videos on youtube showing it. It's not as difficult as you might think. I forget where I got my new tires but they had instructions to put the tires in very hot water for a few minutes. That helped them stretch to make it easier to get them on the wheel. When they cool off they tighten up on the wheel.
Mine have no glue. The wheel has a "curbs" on the edges that hold the tire in place. However, I would think spray adhesive or rubber cement would work.
--

-MIKE-

On 8/4/2015 11:22 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

is not stretched it tends to not have high and low spots.
On 8/4/15 11:44 AM, Leon wrote:

Interesting. So they definitely must glue it on. What about stretching gives high and low spots?
--

-MIKE-

On 8/4/2015 2:19 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

will be stretched more than others. Those will end up as thin/low spots. Ideally that will work itself out "if" the tire can equalize around the wheel. BUT there are often problems with vibration after stretching to fit a new tire if the tire is not evenly stretched around the wheel.