INSPIRATION - Toy Box

http://www.shop-for-wood-working-tools.com/woodworking-plans-toy-box.htm
They claim free plans for this, but I didn't see any. But, there is free plans floating around somewhere for the same thing. I would not make one for a really young kid, because of the seat. Way too hard on a little kid to lift the lid and chunk toys in, plus the danger of getting fingers pinched, and all. Of course, you could make one, and not put a seat on it until the kid is older.
JOAT Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge.