INSPIRATION - ROYAL CHAIR

http://www.dukewood.com/Item.asp?ItemID=8
This would go nice on the yacht, as a deck chair.
JOAT I must be over the hill, 'cause I'm starting to pick up speed.

That thing is ugly and looks like it'd be torture to sit in for very long. And are those long bolts and cap screws holding it together? Why are the base rails tipped like that instead of flat to the floor?
My butt hurts... so I'm looking closely at chairs. Too much sitting in uncomfortable chairs focuses the mind quite well on the problem.
Anyone out there ever sit in a "Morris" chair? Is it comfortable?
--
I can find no modern furniture that is as well designed and emotionally
satisfying as that made by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early years
Ed Clarke wrote:

I think those chairs are mostly meant for use in bedrooms, primarily as places to sit and tie one's shoes, etc.
Morris chair comfort seems to me to depend on the upholstery. If that's good, and not overly thick, the chair is comfortable. If the upholstery is too thick, you tend to slide (it's usually leather, IME), and if it's too thin you bang yourself on the wood parts.
Wed, Jul 27, 2005, 2:02pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@cilia.org (EdClarke) spoke out: That thing is ugly and looks like it'd be torture to sit in for very long. And are those long bolts and cap screws holding it together? Why are the base rails tipped like that instead of flat to the floor?
Nah, it isn't that bad looking. Cushions, cushions. Haven't you guys ever heard of cushions? You think these things were sat in as is, when this type of chair was originally made? Of course not. I posted plans for a chair almost the same as this long ago. I think it was the Peacock Chair. Anyway, pretty simple to make, and you con't need a bunch of metal to do it.
Take the cushion out of it when you're not sitting in it, or when you want to set a lawyer, or other shifty type, in it.
JOAT I must be over the hill, 'cause I'm starting to pick up speed.