INSPIRATION - Rifle/Gun Carrying Case

Page 2 of 2
Sun, Oct 7, 2007, 3:41pm (EDT-3) doth sayeth: Whoops. <snip> If you can get the leather, Then all you need to do is talk with a blacksmith have him make 2 plates <snip> Conversely you could drill two holes and attach your strap with a couple of brass rivits. The first selection does make it easier to replace the strap if it fails for some reason.
Oh, yeah, I can get leather. There's always a cat or squirrel running across the street in front of my vehicle. Or, there's alway road kill. No prob there.
I've already talked to a blacksmith too. Several years ago, at the state fair. Nice guy. But, I'd not need a blacksmith to make something like that. But, it's a bit gimmicky for me. If I was gonna go with rivets, I'd want four or five on each end, instead of two - both for strength, and looks. Be no biggie to drill out rivets for replacement if need be. But, it did give me another inspiration. May well have to make several cases, each with a different handle.