INSPIRATION - Pirolette

Sounds pretty stupid to me, and I betcha they're not selling too mnny at that price.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

People spent millions (maybe billions) on pet rocks, I'm sure there is a customer base for 'personalized art'. Who wouldn't throw in an extra $20 for a little spot to store Junior's first clipping?

Reply to
RayV

RayV wrote in news:1179143790.877013.324090 @e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

It *is* kind of a neat idea, though I wonder why they don't offer a hollowed version as a sort of goblet, or possibly lidded box. And, of course, a hundred and fifty bucks is pretty steep. I'm gently amused at the careful desciption of how much work is involved, and how much wood is removed, and how long it takes for the finish to dry, as if to justify the price...

Reply to
Jim Willemin

Jim Willemin wrote in news:Xns993066FCBD0FFjimwillemingmailcom@194.177.96.78:

...how long it takes to scan the image into the computer that controls the CNC lathe... :)

Reply to
Carlin

I couldn't see myself buying one, no matter what the price! Who would want one besides the stuck up rich? Maybe that's why such a piece of artistic junk is priced so high?

Reply to
Brian

Won't work.

Reply to
CW

Tue, May 15, 2007, 9:52pm snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com (Brian) doth sayeth: I couldn't see myself buying one, no matter what the price! Who would want one besides the stuck up rich? Maybe that's why such a piece of artistic junk is priced so high?

No problem, wait for the yard sale, and get one for maybe a dollar, tops.