INSPIRATION - Paddlewheeler

http://www.thewoodentoymaker.com/images/paddlewheeler.jpg
Pretty neat. Not rocket science, but about anyone should be able to look at the picture and make a decent version. If you worked at it a bit, you could even make one that would float nicely, even power it.
JOAT Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. - Eric Hoffer
J T wrote:

Interesting, their site allows you to navigate up and over.
http://www.thewoodentoymaker.com/images/norm.jpg
Joe

My Dad made one of those for me, when I was *this* tall. Maybe 8 years old. It was a piece of 1x8 pine with a small square "cabin". The paddlewheel was powered by a rubber band. Yes, it did float. I thought it was the neatest thing in the world.
Stuff like that makes me miss him a lot. Thanks for the memory.
Bob
Thu, Jan 4, 2007, 7:54am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@none.com (BobtheTomato) doth sayeth: My Dad made one of those for me, when I was *this* tall. Maybe 8 years old. It was a piece of 1x8 pine with a small square "cabin". The paddlewheel was powered by a rubber band. Yes, it did float. I thought it was the neatest thing in the world. Stuff like that makes me miss him a lot. Thanks for the memory.
No prob. I had a number of those when I was a kid, but made 'em myself. And, of course, rubber-band powered. We made our own darts too - corncob, three chicken feathers in one end, nai point out in the other end. They'd stick in the wood of a corn crib. Pretty much forgot about that until now.
JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also. - Igor Stravinsky