INSPIRATION - MARBLE MACHINE

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/marbles/machine1.html This guy is my hero. I've got to see what I can come up with.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
Add pictures here
βœ–

Would love to see a media file of it in action.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yep, I'm inspired!
But I've got to suggest adding more "tonal" woods to the mix: ebony, cocobolo, paduak, rosewood, and hard maple. For metal, why not appropriate the bars from a child's pull toy or play xylophone? They can be picked up at garage sales or second hand shops for a buck or less.
Kevin
Add pictures here
βœ–
Wow, I was just going to build Norm's marble roll but compared to this, it seems like "childs play".
djd

βœ–
Sat, Jun 26, 2004, 1:20pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net (D. J. Dorn) says: Wow, I was just going to build Norm's marble roll but compared to this, it seems like "childs play".
Some of you guys really need to get out in the fresh air more. There's even a set of free plans out there that makes Norm's marble roll look bad. But, if you're willing to pay, I would say try one of these. http://www.scrollsaw.com/FSMT.htm http://www.scrollsaw.com/FSBMT.htm http://www.scrollsaw.com/FSMC.htm
I think there be at least one more site out there offering similar, or the same plans, but don't know if there's a price diff or not. I'm not associated with any of 'em.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3158.bay.webtv.net:

Good one, JOAT.
--
Bill

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3158.bay.webtv.net:

I love these machines!
Used to be a huge one in a store in downtown Portland, OR. Must have been six foot high by three foot square. I'd line up with the five year olds (the other adults were trying to be adults) and stare at it for ages with open mouth. It was all wire and little metal buckets.
Thanks for posting.
LD

Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks. Took ten minutes to download. But worth it. I know where Salvation is, but I do not know where it is not.
Add pictures here
βœ–