Inspiration: lap steel guitars made from cypress roots

The wood and guitars:
http://www.dontfretinstruments.com/lap-steel.aspx
http://www.dontfretinstruments.com/Build-a-guitar.aspx
A guy playing one and telling the story;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SuQE377cko

And something unrelated but fun:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Song 13 "There's Smoking in Heaven"
(where else can you get >8 mins of fun for $0.99?)
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer. http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm
'k, just to spite you all and my ex I just ordered 3 of 'em and I won't post ever again. Well, no more tonight, anyway.
So there. Go suffer and grimace. And no you can't come to my birthday party.
-Zz