INSPIRATION - Gotham Rocker

If the guy actually bent the plywood, too much work for too little gain to my mind.

J T

It's a commercially produced rocker. It's not "bent plywood", it's just laminated. Apparently "ply-bending" is the latest buzzword for that technique.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Mon, Oct 22, 2007, 8:48am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth say: It's a commercially produced rocker. It's not "bent plywood", it's just laminated. Apparently "ply-bending" is the latest buzzword for that technique.

I just took another look, noticed the pric this time. $820? For an ugly chair made with "recycled" seat belts? And ugly to boot? Hah! Not in this lifetime. It may, or may not be comfortable, but either way, looks like it would b a bit of a struggle to get out of. I do not see that plywood as being bent. I would say curved cuts. Apparently one of their ad people once saw a bentwood rocker - either that or is an ex politician - or is planning to become a politician. Hmm, I could probqbly get used seatbelts from the junkyard for free, or next to nothing, and maybe $5 worth of plywood. Let's see now, that would give me about a $815 profit. Not bad for an anternoon's work.

J T