INSPIRATION - Dog House - The Traditional

JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

- =A0Dale Carnegie

Reply to
J T

- Dale Carnegie

I'm only part way down the list of dog houses you posted but I'm pretty sure dog houses were supposed to be slightly off the ground and have an entry like a snail's shell where the dog could turn the corner and be in a wind proof area? Sound familiar to anyone? Like a black out photo developing room, I guess, so by the time the dog turned a second corner the wind/rain/ wouldn't be blasing down on him.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Mon, Jan 10, 2005, 4:31pm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (firstjois) is confused, and says: I'm only part way down the list of dog houses you posted but I'm pretty sure dog houses were supposed to be slightly off the ground and have an entry like a snail's shell where the dog could turn the corner and be in a wind proof area? Sound familiar to anyone? Like a black out photo developing room, I guess, so by the time the dog turned a second corner the wind/rain/ wouldn't be blasing down on him.

Ah, you missed it then. Most of these "dog houses" were obviously designed by "artistes", not dog people. Esay to tell, because the designs don't consider the dogs comfort, they mostly look like crap, and the prices. Being "practical", therefore, is not a requirement, but being in poor taste, and vastly overpriced, are.

From WordNet (r) 1.7 (wn) artiste n : a public performer (a dancer or singer)

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (web1913) Artiste \Ar*tiste"\, n. [F. See {Artist}.] One peculiarly dexterous and tasteful in almost any employment, as an opera dancer, a hairdresser, a cook. Note: This term should not be confounded with the English word artist.

There's one or two other definitions of the word, but they're obscene.

JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

- =A0Dale Carnegie

Reply to
J T

Well, let's hope the artistes' butts will be a cold as the doggies who have to live in those houses.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois