Inscribing hexagon in circle

Page 3 of 3
Morris Dovey wrote:

Although I wasn't referring to your projects, but to the topic of rulers, I have done several projects for which I don't remember using any measuing or marking, but just sort of free-handing it as you go. I think there ar many times when you need a thing, but have no parameters or requirement the size of any part of it.
There's a bit of freedom and catharsis in it.
--

-MIKE-

completely
was
of a

http://www.nvcc.edu/home/tstreilein/constructions/Inscribed/inscribe4.htm
fact; I

want a

but the

logical
have to

that
"proofs"
stated, and

in
negative
any
the ruler.

That's why I suggested getting a sashigane marked with for shaku/sun/bu to begin with. Once you get used to it, it has the markings on the back side for laying out this kind of stuff without a lot of fuss.
Len
On 5/21/2009 1:25 PM alexy spake thus:

Wrong. I asked for a proof, and that's exactly what I wanted. Didn't have to be a "2-column" proof[1], nor a particularly rigorous one, but I wanted a step-by-step proof, not just another redundant demonstration.

Please don't make assumptions like this. You're not a very good mind-reader.
[1] Having run across this term repeatedly while searching for geometry stuff on the web, it seems this has nothing whatever to do with formal mathematics, but is just the latest fashion for educator's preferred format for making schoolkids do geometry proofs.

I never disputed that. I stand by my conjecture that you did not want a formal proof.

Never heard of it.

An informal proof that is not rigorous is What I describe below.

Sounds like I was spot-on.
A formal proof would be relatively worthless in this situation, and is clearly not what you wanted, given your acceptance of non-rigorous informal proofs.