inobvious sources for buying hardware and wood?

Okay, I'm looking at starting to turn out some dovetailed cases hopefully en masse (photograph of my prototype here:
http://www.3riversarchery.com/images/Contest2010/WilliamAdamsTakeDownCase.jpg
), but I'm not finding exactly the things which I want, either locally or on the 'net --- maybe it's that they aren't for sale as I'd wish, but this is one instance I'd like to be wrong.
In particular I want...
- a medium size cast brass handle (in-between the light duty and heavy duty sizes which Woodcraft offers) --- ideally it would be no deeper / heavier than the light duty Woodcraft handle, but instead just a bit wider to accommodate an adult-sized hand more comfortably. Other sources for other hardware would be welcome (I've been looking at Lee Valley, Rockler, &c.) since I still don't like the draw catches I'm using.
- a good source for 1/8" thick plywood sized 2 ft. by 3 ft. or so --- on the prototype I used a scrap of cut-off hollow core door which I found by the side of the road, and I'm still flabbergasted that the least expensive option I can find is to purchase hollow core doors and cut them apart.
I'm in south-central Pennsylvania if that matters (I would like to use local suppliers and will be making a trip out to Hearne's Hardwoods soon if I don't find a closer option).
William
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Anything here? Try ldearching for door/drawer pulls too. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp !&gs_id*&xhr=t&q=brass+handle+for+case&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=brass+handle+for+case&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp68c29a33fdf853&biw6&bihW3

Easier to just buy the *skins* for hollow doors at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. for about $10. They are normally lauan. Others sell baltic birch and spruce, spruce mainly for aircraft. http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=1%2F8+plywood&pbx=1&oq=1%2F8+plywood&aq=f&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl 47l6583l0l7454l11l11l0l0l0l0l794l4221l0.2.5.0.1.1.2l11l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp68c29a33fdf853&biw6&bihW3
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 8/25/2011 12:27 PM, William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote:

can't you just buy the door skins by themselves instead?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:27:25 -0700 (PDT), "William F. Adams

I can't help you with the handle but for the plywood you should be able to purchase a "door skin" at any decent building supplier for about $4.00. Another option would be to buy the veneer panels used to cover the exposed end of kitchen cabinets. Home Depot and Lowe's carry those.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

My thanks to you, DadiOH and chaniarts for suggesting the ``door skins'' --- I'll check on those this weekend (couldn't find them in Lowes or Home Depot's on-line sites), as well as the kitchen cabinet veneer panels.
William
On 8/26/2011 5:11 AM, William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote:

HD stocks red oak and luan door skins (1/8" ply). they may be able to order other types. you may have to check down in the stack to find a good one though.

Unfortunately, not the ones here in central, PA, nor can I find them on-line so that I could order them delivered to the local store.
Oh well, I did find 5.2mm lauan plywood which I guess I'll make do w/ --- what I lose in interior dimension I'll gain in rigidity and strength.
William
On Aug 25, 2:27pm, "William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)"

Check out:
http://www.horton-brasses.com/store/handlespulls http://www.vandykes.com/knobs-pulls/c/20/filter/100000013267eq100000013274 /

Thanks!
I think this is exactly what I was looking for:
http://www.horton-brasses.com/store/handlespulls/castbrass4
William