"Inkjet" painting

I'm painting some pretty simple patterns (stripes & bars) on 2x6 planks, but I'm doing a lot of them (planks, that is), and the masking tape/paint brush routine is a real bootleneck.
Late last night (actually, about 2 am this morning), while waiting for paint to dry, in an altered state-of-conciousness (sleep deprivation), I found myself wishing I had a giant inkjet printer to speed things up.
Seems Simple Enough! - Right? I can' be the first person who ever had this idea. But Google hasn't turned up anything enlightening - maybe I'm not using the right keywords.
So - Anyone here ever heard of an inkjet technology (or something similar) suitable for applying latex paint to wood?
TIA Charlie Mulks

I doubt inkjet technology would work with latex paint. That said, wood veneer has been available for some time that is intended to be run through an inkjet printer.

Common technology for quite a few years in sign painting. A friend did some software development for such a system years ago. Not inkjet, really (i.e. it doesn't use rapid heating to cause the ink to explosively boil onto the surface) but more-or-less conventional spray nozzles.
Mike
Charles Mulks wrote:

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Charles Mulks wrote:

Precisely. A sheet of mylar, an xacto knife, a little patience (well - there goes that idea...), and presto!
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net