INK STAIN ON OAK

I just finished stripping a very old oak, five drawer dresser that has been in my wife's family for at least 80 years. Stripping was done with Zip Strip and alcohol wash.
Under a thick coat of paint and old varnish/shellac I found a large ink satin (it sure looks like very dark ink) that is "in the wood" on the top of the dresser.
Before I start with the Clorox approach, wanted to get some advise from this newsgroup.
Any help would be appreciated.
PJ
None wrote:

One word - veneer.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
I thank both of you for your thoughts.
I used successfully (for the most part) a hot oxalic acid bath that did a very good job of removing the majority of the stain. The ink was surely a guess so I may have been wrong on that.
In any event. thank you.
PJ