info on drill press - PowrKraft model 2437A

I have found one of these in a local pawn shop, and since they have 6" quill travel I'm interested for pen blank drilling.

The second item of interest is the router/shaper connection on the top of the head (head rotates 180 degrees), and finally the variable speed on the front of the drill press.

Found some limited company information on the

site, but wondering if someone might have a manual for one they own or know of other sources to search at.

Thanks Alan

Reply to
arw01

| I have found one of these in a local pawn shop, and since they have | 6" quill travel I'm interested for pen blank drilling. | | The second item of interest is the router/shaper connection on the | top of the head (head rotates 180 degrees), and finally the | variable speed on the front of the drill press. | | Found some limited company information on the

site, but | wondering if someone might have a manual for one they own or know of | other sources to search at.

Good drill press. I have one. Try

:-)

Morris Dovey

How does the variable speed dial feel when work it. Does it spin ALL the way around so you can either way or does it have some stops?

Reply to
arw01

| How does the variable speed dial feel when work it. Does it spin | ALL the way around so you can either way or does it have some stops?

The knob turns smoothly left and right as far as the pot it's connected to allows. If your speed control knob is freewheeling, you probably need to tighten the set screw. The knob should also wind/unwind a red plastic tape speed indicator.

Morris Dovey

I decided to pick up the drill press today from the pawnshop.

This model is basically a router motor in a 6 inch plunge container. The top of the unit has a threaded shaft for a shaper bit, I've not played with that portion yet. The drill press is load since it's a true universal motor in there.

Since there was a bit of rust I did some wet sanding and scrubbing to knock it down a bit. Also I used some white lithium grease on the keyway the head slide up and down on and adjusted the spring tension for the return.

Here are some photos:

Reply to
arw01

My IP moved again, think it's back to what it was a month ago again and it stayed there for 2 years..

Reply to
arw01

Reply to
arw01