Info - HF CAS SHLV Gun

Hi Guys:

Just thought I'd post an informative thing here. Recently the local HF had a parking lot sale and I picked up an HVLP gun - just because it was cheap and I thought I'd see how it worked as a primer gun. Can't ever have too many guns, ya know. This is the gun I picked up...

I got it for $9 at the parking lot sale prices and figured I wouldn't go broke if it did not perform well. Loaded it up with urethane primer today and put it to use. It worked perfectly. I wouldn't expect more from a very expensive gun. Now - it may not last all that long but time will tell that story. For guys that paint on a far more occasional basis than I do, it would be a great primer gun.

The cautionary reminder is these are CAS guns and no CAS gun is designed to shoot latex like a turbine HVLP, so don't look for it to fulfill that purpose. But - if you're shooting lacquer, urethane, etc., especially on an occasional basis, it's a good buy - even if it's a throw away after 5 or 6 uses.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mike Marlow

I have used them quite a bit. for 9 throw them away after a while.

I will recommend this gun over the $9. It's got a much finer spray. The nozzle is so much more refined as far as air holes go.

For $29.99 on sale or $24.99 on a coupon, it's a great buy. I still use the $9 gun, but for stuff I really care about, I pull out the more expensive conversion gun.

Reply to
woodchucker

Actually it does fine with latex if you thin it and use some floetrol. The catch though is that you need a bigger tip and that's hard to get from HF.

A good source for cheap spray equipment (they have "good" too by the way) is . At one time their cheap guns were the same as the Harbor Freight--whether that is still the case I have no idea.

Reply to
J. Clarke