Influencial woodworkers

Page 2 of 3
On 20 Feb 2005 11:14:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter Michaux) wrote:

Norm Abrams, Tim someone on "Home Improvements", Handy Andy off "Changing Rooms".
You did say _influential_, sad though this TV-driven pile of MDF crap is.
I'm not sure this fits your needs but, Jimmy Carter and Andy Rooney. While neither wields a lot of influence in the wooddorking whirled both may be considered influential.
UA-100, who would have said Jesus Christ but thinks the whole thing was made up so he looked like a working stiff/has a nicer resume'...

David Marks
I would have to say in North America one of the most influential furniture manufacturing names would have to be: Leopold Stickley and his younger brother, John George Stickley who pretty well brought the mission style of furniture into what we know it as today.

My Dad My Grandfather
Dave

The NGs own Tom Flamann (sorry if I spelled it wrong AGAIN, Tom).

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:49:14 +0000, Jim Warman wrote:

...and don't forget Mike Hide.
- Doug

Peter Michaux wrote:

Dunbar
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter Michaux) wrote:

You might wish to include:
George Nakashima Gary Knox Bennett Christian Becksvort H.O. Studley
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
On 20 Feb 2005 11:14:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter Michaux) wrote:

Ralph Engerman
Peter Michaux wrote:

Frank Lloyd Wright
and for a different reason, Jimmy Carter.
Rob
Rob Mitchell wrote:

Wright wasn't a woodworker.
UA100

Of course he was! Both brothers were!
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Orville and Wilbur were Floyd's brothers?
That 'splains a lot.
(watson - who's purty sher it 'splains a lot but ain't fer cher what.)

FL Wright was not a woodworker, his tools were pencil, paper, and ruler
TaskMule wrote:

Pencils, paper and rulers aren't made outta wood?
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Yup.. wooden bicycles!

I am sure both brothers did a ton of woodwork for many years, considering all the wooden aeroplane frames and who knows whatever else...
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

How did Frank Lloyd Wright suddenly turn into Orvil and Wilber Wright? Time to get out your history books
TaskMule wrote:

He split down the middle, and the halves formed into two smaller humans.