Inexpensive Wrenches

Page 2 of 2

Northern Tool has the polished Chrome design and they are quite cheap and IIRC also have a life time guarantee.
Fri, Oct 21, 2005, 8:04pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JayPique) for some reason asked: Anyone have a source for inexpensive wrenches sold individually? I'm putting together separate maintenance tool sets for each of my machines and I'd rather not shell out for Craftsman (much less Mac/Snap-On).
C'mon Jay, you had to ask? Yard sales, garage sales, flea markets, pawn shops (a last resport as far as I'm concerned), steal 'em from your kids (then immediately paint them and deny even seeing their tools), bargain paper.
You live in Ann Arbor? I was born there, and raised about 16 miles north. Too damn cold for me to ever live there again.
JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it. - Red Green

Well, I just got a fistful of Craftsman wrenches at an estate auction a couple weeks ago, seven or eight wrenches... six bucks.
--
Regards,

===========Found all the time at Automobile swap meets etc.... tables after tables of wrenches screw drivers etc.... majority of wrenches are Craftsman for some reason... but all priced at 2 bucks or under normally....3/8 in flare wrench that my son "borrowed" then lost was replaced for $1.50 Sears price was 18 bucks just for that wrench...
Bob G.
Jay Pique wrote:

Well, I found a couple of cheap wrenches. I was on eBay and saw a couple of jumbos. One is a 1-1/2, 1-3/8" open end, and the other is a 1-5/8, 1-7/16" open end. Both are "Blue-Point". I bought the two of them for $30 delivered to my door.
So now the arbor nut is off of the RAS (as well as everything else - it's fully disassembled now). The wrenches seem, well, very wrench-like. These suckers are heavy. While there's no mention of Snap-On on them at all, it looks like Snap-On uses the term Blue Point on some of their tools. IAE, if I bought them new at the price listed on the Snap-On website they'd cost me over $300!!! (Craftsman would be around $75).
I'm wondering if they were really his dad's now, what with "Paul" being etched on each of them.