Industrial accident

Page 1 of 2
We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures on his Facebook page.
I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.
On 6/2/2011 7:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'll be sure to take mine off during questionable operations... ;~O

I best be careful with that M10 bolt then.

I best be careful with that M10 bolt then.
You have an M10 bolt through a nipple?

I knew I was saving that jelly jar cover for something ...
Wait, I don't like body piercings ...
--
Best regards
Han

Please don't tell us about the next one. (It might be a glans ring, so don't tell us your safety mechanism for that, either, _especially_ if it mentions duct tape.)
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

The wierdest one impinging on my visual range was a specimen who had tapped ss mounts inserted beneath the skin upwards of the forehead on either side of the front of the skull. After the skin had healed and tightened, he had horns screwed into the base elements, wearing all of this with a delightfully snotty air of feigned nonchalance seasoned with a sense of laughable menace.
Highly amusing. I chatted him up a bit. Maybe he was a nice guy, but I'm not making book on it.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 21:05:58 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"

THAT close to a frontal lobotomy, eh? --->||

I've seen pics, and that's as close as I want to get to a super- pierce-freak, thankyouverymuch.
I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this lifetime. You?
http://goo.gl/ODaTn Sweet cell phone carrier, eh? I saw two guys with those in Grants Pass last weekend. <thud>
http://goo.gl/sCRXZ corset piercing.
http://goo.gl/O41d4 I'd like to check out Kristen's piercing closely.
http://goo.gl/ht4E9 How does she EAT? Weight of all that metal?
http://goo.gl/mPueb Implants. Lots of Klingons out there now, too.
http://goo.gl/H9IUi Zip it up, bitz.
http://goo.gl/e0YaR Pierced BLING?
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

You lot are really weird
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:43:45 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Not me, I want "them" to havw as much trouble as possible identifying the body.
basilisk

LJ:
If you want a "backward" lobotomy, count the two guys seen with tattooed faces on the rear of their skulls, complete with the haircut trimmed to simulate moustaches and beards.
Reminds me of the Tomcats painted with canopies beneath to look like they're flying upside down. Maybe that duet was pilots?
BTW, in a suave PR move, the name of that operation has been changed to "leucotomy". IIRC, the guy who invented it under the former moniker won a Nobel prize for the procedure.... Aha, the name of the award winner was Egas Moniz.

There's that great line "A tattoo is a permanent reminder of a temporary emotion." You need one for a medical alert, fine. But why people get them on places they can't see is curious. Covering them up in certain social situations, as well, does seem to incline to a reconsideration of the initial decision. I try to focus on character and deeds. But some folk are dead set on making hard judgement on externals and that prejudice is the jeopardy of tattoos and the like.
Hey, B, you planning to get in to astral projection anytime soon?
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
snipped-for-privacy@OUTyahoo.com says...

I thought it was originally "leucotomy" and the term "lobotomy" came later.

Sometimes it's a way of remembering something or someone that you don't _want_ to forget.

Obviously they are there for someone else to see.

Or a recognition that one must make certain compromises in the interest of having food on the table.

Hence the covering in situations in which the views of such people matter.

WOW!!!!! How informative!!!!!
Good God, John... Stoppit already, We are all so overwhelmed by your wisdom!!!!!
On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:18:47 -0700, Edward Hennessey wrote:

Nope, I have too much trouble on the physical plane, I don't want to open another one.
basilisk

B:
You will enjoy this.
A divergent friend went to "Astral Projection Camp" once. Honest. The injunction to novices was no speaking for the first week of the experience.
He observed that the second week ruined his fond opinion of many people.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

Three in my left ear. The first one I got when I was 16 (1976). The next two were when I was 46. I think at age 76 I'm going to start on the other ear.

So they'll have something to hang your hide from when you depart, eh? Cool.
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

:) :).
"CW" wrote in message

:) :).
==================== I thought we were disgusting how tattoos were industrial accidents??
Eric

I really have no objection to anybody with piercings, long hair, tattoos, etc. But when you start to work around machinery, they can be problematic, to say the least. I always prized safety over fashion. Or fitting in with a bunch of folks who don't know what work is. Or safety.
Reminds me of that Jeff Foxworthy story about the guy who picked up a "dead" beaver. It woke up and bit his nipple off. Soooo...., you might be a redneck if a beaver bites off your nipple. What does it make you if you have a nipple ripped off/open from a big machine? Somehow, I think it fits in the same category as the beaver guy.
Maybe he needs to wear one of those Viking, opera bras, for protection purposes, of course.