indexing jig for table saw

Well my cd case is going well except I snaffued badly! I need to cut dado's 5 5/16" apart on the bottom of the panels. So from my point of view I'm blind to the cut. I missed by 5/16" by measuring carefully against the miter gauge track. Theres got to be a better way. The panels are 32" x 37". The first dado goes 3/16" from then end which has a rabbet in it. And then each successive dado is 5/16" wide by 3/16" deep by 32" long. I thought about using the cross cut sled, but its setup for the small guide pieces that seperate the cd's. I thought about originally dadoing the sides to accept the cd's also, but I couldn't think of an easy way to make an indexing jig. This would solve both problems hopefully. you guys have been so helpful so far, I hope you can help with this too. I can't use a miter gauge index jig because the panels are far longer then the clearance between the end of the table saw and the blade.
signature Troy & Michelle Hall Cogy Farm Clay Center, Kansas 67432
I do this often with good results. I cut with the fence to the left of the blade (for reference) but either side will work. set The fence for the first cut (3/16" in your case). Make the cut against the fence same as always. Turn off the saw, return the panel to the original position with the blade in the kerf. Clamp the panel to the table top to prevent it from slipping around. Now loosen the fence slide it away from the panel. insert a strip of wood the width of your desired cut, move the fence right pinning the strip against the panel and lock the fence. Remove the strip, slide the panel against the fence and make your next cut. Repeat as necessary. If you plan carefully you can start with the center cut, do cuts for half the board , turn it 180 degrees and do the other half, that way the distance from the blade to the cut is always shorter that the cut to the end of the panel, a much more balanced way to handle wide cuts. Good luck!