Incra V27 Miter Gauge - Anyone use it?

I've been in the market for a new miter gauge for the table saw. Something more accurate and easier to attach sacrificial fences to than the factory gauge. I started out thinking I'd go over the top and get the JDS Accu-Miter, but I've read more than a few negative posts about it, not to mention its cost. The Incra x000 series gauges seem like so much overkill and were described as "disappointing" in the current Fine Woodworking.

While in the local Woodcraft the other day I ran across a new Incra model, the V27 - packaged in something akin to blister paks and hanging on a peg, no less. $60 plus tax. Simple, but positive stops every 5 deg.; two split nylon washers and a removeable T-slot guide on the bar. It seems to be of the good concept and engineering of the other Incra models without all the Rube Goldberg-ness.

Anyone use one or have input?

Mike Fairleigh

Reply to
Mike Fairleigh

How do you address a common 22.5 degree miter with that miter gauge?

Have you seen the InLine Industries Dubby jig?

Reply to
Leon

From Woodpeckers blurb:

Discover the newest and most affordable addition to INCRA's wildly popular line of precision, state-of-the-art Miter Gauges.

The Incra Miter V27 is engineered to provide a high performance, yet low cost upgrade for your Table Saw, Band Saw, Router Table, Disk Sander, Belt Sander or any other tool in need of a better Miter Gauge. Like all INCRA Miter Gauges, the V27 delivers extreme miter cutting accuracy through the advanced combination of INCRA's exclusive AngleLOCKT indexing system and its patented Adjustable GlideLOCKT Miter Bar. 27 Precision V-Stops are laser-cut in solid steel to lock-in angles at exact 5° steps over a full 120° range, with special stops at plus and minus 22.5°. An oversized clamping knob allows cutting angles to be securely set anywhere between 5° steps. FOUR patented expansion disks adjust the GlideLOCKT Miter Bar for ZERO side play, anti-friction travel on all shop tools with standard (3/4 x 3/8) miter gauge slots. This means that all of the V27's incredible precision will actually show up in your work because the bar CAN'T wiggle around in the slot! The Miter V27's vertical work support surface doubles as a Universal Mounting Bracket that makes it easy to add just about any fence if you ever need one.

And, it's on sale for under $55! Two for less than $100 and a FOUR pack for ...! You get the idea.

Seems to be the 1000 without the big fence. Which can also be ordered as an add-on. But then, you could order the 1000SE for less -- or not.

Dave

Reply to
David Bush

I've got Incra sliders and they work fine. HOWEVER, the bit about "zero side play" is only accurate when your slots are perfect. If the slots' width varies, the expansion disks have to be adjusted to the narrowest portion of the slot. Otherwise it'll stick when it encounters the narrow portion, if you adjusted it to the widest portion of the slot. DAMHIKT.

dave

David Bush wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave