Incra V120 Miter Gauge 60 bucks shipped!

Rockler has these for 59.99 w/ free shipping. Incra Miter V120 Gauge http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page !444
All the reviews I've read are very positive. This will replace my stock Delta with is about as accurate as bird-shot for a sniper.
I may get a fancier one some day, but for 60 bucks, I couldn't resist.
--

-MIKE-

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:36:04 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

I've had one for several years now - got it as soon as they came out. I'm quite happy with it. I added my own fence and flip stop.

Don't waste your money. The 1000SE or 1000HD are better choices.
On 3/28/2012 2:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

On 3/28/12 4:45 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

It's hardly a waste of money.
--

-MIKE-

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:45:59 -0400, tiredofspam wrote:

Let's see. The 1000SE has stops every 5 degrees, the V120 has every degree. The 1000SE does have a 180 degree range where the V120 only has a 120 degree range, But past +/-60 degrees you're almost ripping. The 1000SE does come with a fancy fence, but adding a fence to the V120 is trivial.
The 1000HD is indeed nice. It combines the 1 degree steps of the V120 with the 180 degree range and fancy fence of the 1000SE. But the price is in the $150-$190 range and I still question the utility of setting past 60 degrees.
My conclusion - the V120 is still the best bang for the buck.

I didn't realize that the stops were every degree. I only paid $110 for my SE when Woodcraft had it on sale. As far as only every 5, the vernier scale allows adjustment down to .1 degrees on the SE. So I agree the V120 maybe a good buy, but I think the fence and stop made the $110 a great buy.
On 3/29/2012 12:09 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:45:59 -0400, tiredofspam wrote:

Let's see. The 1000SE has stops every 5 degrees, the V120 has every degree. The 1000SE does have a 180 degree range where the V120 only has a 120 degree range, But past +/-60 degrees you're almost ripping. The 1000SE does come with a fancy fence, but adding a fence to the V120 is trivial.
The 1000HD is indeed nice. It combines the 1 degree steps of the V120 with the 180 degree range and fancy fence of the 1000SE. But the price is in the $150-$190 range and I still question the utility of setting past 60 degrees.
My conclusion - the V120 is still the best bang for the buck. =========================================================That's what I thought when I bought mine several years ago. Rather make my own fence anyway. No regrets.
On 3/28/2012 1:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I bought this a few months ago. Added an 18" bar with t slots top and front for hold downs. I also had the Delta and this is a vast improvement at a reasonable cost.
Larry
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:42:35 -0600, Bruce wrote:

Yes it does. Either the 22 or the 23 is missing to make room for the 22.5.

On 3/31/12 8:42 AM, Bruce wrote:

It does have the 22.5 stops. As for wide crosscuts, I have a great sled that I use for wide boards for square cuts and a radial arm saw. I found myself using the Delta stock miter gauge for a lot of angled cuts for which I would normally use the chop saw, but am hesitant to do so due to its inaccuracy. I'm hoping this dispels my hesitation to go straight to the table saw for miters.
--

-MIKE-

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 13:52:56 -0600, MIKE- wrote

I make octagon frames and the 22.5 of course is key. My stock delta miter fits the slot perfectly and I'm thinking about hijacking that bar (if only it was 2" longer...).
My sled gets a workout, but it's only 90 deg. The miter gauge is light weight and fast to adjust, that's why I like it over any custom sleds. -BR

Why not make a sub fence that will work with your sled AND give you the 22.5 that you need?
Just a thought.
On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 08:31:39 -0600, Mike--the other one wrote

I'd still need the miter gauge for gobs of other uses. Tight is right! -BR