Incra Miter Guage 1000SE

Hi, Does anyone have experience with the Incra 1000SE? I'm looking for a precision miter guage in this price range -- any serious competition?

Reply to
Jerry

There's a Fine Woodworking multi-review a few months back.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I purchased one last year from "Woodpeckers" and while the quality of the 1000SE was great, it did not fit in the miter slot on my Grizzly 1023 cabinet saw. The plastic rings on the 1000SE miter bar would not expand enough to prevent it from wobbling in the slot. Woodpeckers customer service was great and they sent out another miter bar free of charge but it did not work any better. So if you have a Grizzly saw, you might look elsewhere.

Reply to
Andy

I like mine and use it on my TS, BS, and router table.

Be aware that 99% of my 90 degree cuts are made with home made sleds. The Incra is usually only used when things aren't 90 degrees.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I have the Incra 5000 and it fits in *my* Grizzly saw. Maybe it's just your saw?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

I have the Incra 5000 and it fits my Ridgid 2424 as well.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Like Andy...100 percent of my 90 degree cuts are made with sleds ... and so are my 45 & 22 1/2 degree cuts for that matter...

BUT

I have had a Incra 2000 for years and honestly I hate it...just too big, too heavy, and just too much trouble to use...(NO COMPLAINTS about accuracy however)....

Afew months ago I picked up the "cheaper" 1000 and it is a pleasure to use ... Just a lot lighter, smaller and easier to throw on my Table Saw when I need to make that weird angle cut.... AND like the 2000 I HAVE NO COMPLAITS with accuracy... Just a lot more used friendly in my opinion then the 2000

Bob Griffiths.

.
Reply to
Bob G.

Hi, I bought from Woodcraft. I love mine, no regrets what so ever.....

Reply to
tony1158

That's odd, I use the Inca on my Griz 1023s cab. saw. Works perfect.

Reply to
tony1158

O Ive got a 1023 and the 1000SE fits fine. I did have to really torque down on the set screws to expand the little guide washers. Once I did that there is absolutely no slop whatsoever.

I used use a crosscut sled for ALL my 90degree cuts. Once I got this setup, I don't bother. The incra miter guage is so dead on it's a joy to use.

BD

Reply to
BD