Inches Count

I'm looking to buy a 6" jointer. Money is not so much the consideration as is the wsize of the machine. I'll be storing up against the side wall of a very small garage that is used for storing cars (I know, blasphemy!). I need a good quality Jointer with the smallest depth possible. I've DAGSed to find dimensions, but the info out there is sparse:
Machine widths: Grizzly G1182Z = 20" Delta Shopmaster and X5 = 28 1/2" Bridgewood® Model BW-6R = ??? YORKCRAFT® Model YC-6J = ??? General 80-100 = ??? Lobo = ??? Ridgid = ??? Star = ??? Sunhill = 21" Harbor Freight = ???
Add pictures here
âś–
Something to think about. A jointer that sets on an enclosed cabinet normally has a smaller foot print that one that sets on an open stand. My stand is 3 times wider than the jointer and 2' longer than the jointer. A real Albatross.
I'm looking to buy a 6" jointer. Money is not so much the consideration as is the wsize of the machine. I'll be storing up against the side wall of a very small garage that is used for storing cars (I know, blasphemy!). I need a good quality Jointer with the smallest depth possible. I've DAGSed to find dimensions, but the info out there is sparse:
Machine widths: Grizzly G1182Z = 20" Delta Shopmaster and X5 = 28 1/2" Bridgewood® Model BW-6R = ??? YORKCRAFT® Model YC-6J = ??? General 80-100 = ??? Lobo = ??? Ridgid = ??? Star = ??? Sunhill = 21" Harbor Freight = ???
Add pictures here
âś–
On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:34:57 GMT, "Leon"

==================================Good point... the original poster may be better off measuring the stand..not the jointer... Mine is a OEM stand from Rockwell and it too is slightly longer and wider then the machine itself...
Bob Griffiths
Add pictures here
âś–
The extra depth on the Delta is due to the rack and pinion fence. The Yorkcraft is basically the same machine as Delta, and the dimensions will be identical.
Grizzly, Bridgewood, Ridid and most of the rest are very similar machines, and I wouldn't expect more than an inch or two variation. My Ridgid measures 20", same as Grizzly.
Add pictures here
âś–
Thanks, just the info I was looking for. I need to go as narrow as possible to avoid running the explorer into the thing :)
Add pictures here
âś–
FriscoSoxFan wrote:

Just trade the explorer in for a mini. problem solved.
Add pictures here
âś–